maven-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Caswell <scasw...@termnetinc.com>
Subject Question about dependency classloading in plugin
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:20:43 GMT
Greetings.

Perhaps there is some document that tells me how to fix this problem,
and I haven't stumbled across it yet.

Here is the situation:

I'm the author of an enhancement (that was incorporated in the latest
release) to the javadoc plugin that produces a report on the javadoc
warning in the same format as the checkstyle report. This enhancement
uses a java class to read the text version of the javadoc output (in
report.txt) and turns it into an xml file, which is then transformed
into the nicely formatted output.

The plugin.jelly uses define:jellyBean to create a jelly bean for
invoking the java class, so the actual invocation is done as a tag
<javadoc:javadocwarnings ... />

The java class depends on commons-collections 3.1 for a class
ListOrderedSet, which takes a no-arg constructor. This dependency is
declared in the plug-in's project.xml. The problem I'm having is that
the 3.0 version of ListOrderedSet does not have a no-arg constructor.
And it just so happens that the project I'm running javadoc against has
a dependency on ... you guessed it ... 3.0.  So the call to
<javadocwarnings> fails with an exception.

I know I can fix the construction of ListOrderedSet to avoid the
problem, but I'm also interested in knowing how to force the
<javadocwarnings/> tag invocation to use the dependent jar as declared
in project.xml, rather than using my project's dependency.

TIA
--
Steven Caswell scaswell@termnetinc.com <mailto:scaswell@termnetinc.com>

<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=1>