maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [java-repository] licenses update
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:33:08 GMT
Phil,

I'd bring up discussion on some of these issues with the Maven folks to
have them help clarify the repository layout. If licenses and readmes
are old, then Maven should provide a means to update these when
publishing (does it).

If I remember correctly, the repository plugin should be managing this.
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/repository/goals.html

First, when it comes to publishing into the repository, we should use
maven as much as possible to package and publish. It will generate the
source and binary distributions that would show up in /distributions.
Most projects seem to just use the java-repo as a jar repository,
someday perhaps they will also use it to house distributions.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/dist/goals.html
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/jar/goals.html

For the math project, this gives us a choice, store them in the repo or
in our dist directory.

-Mark

Phil Steitz wrote:
> I just noticed that all (at least all of the ones that I looked at) of
> the apache licenses in the various /licenses directories in
> java-repositiory (so also on ibiblio) are 1.1.  Some components don't
> have anything in these directories. Can I update all of these to contain
> LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt?  Does maven somehow need the html-ized
> versions that are in there now? Do the names need to follow the current
> pattern (<component-name>.license)?

Similar to what I said above, I believe the html version is generated by
Maven and published to the repo.

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer