maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Kristopher Brown" <Kristopher.Br...@diagonal-solutions.co.uk>
Subject RE: Passing properties into subprojects using the reactor
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:34:02 GMT
> >4) Would it be worth while adding properties to the
> reactor/maven tag
> >to pass through the current context or some properties.
> >

> I think so. I'm pretty sure that there is already an open
> JIRA issue for it to. If you'd like to comment there, we can
> bring that forward to 1.1-beta-1. If you've got a patch, even
> better :)

Yes - I found it.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1147
All there :)

> I'd say the best thing is to have <param /> subelements, eg:
> <maven:reactor ...>
>   <parameter name="foo" value="bar" />
>   <parameter property="something-in-the-context-already" />
> </maven:reactor>

I opted for <maven:contextVariable var="foo" value="${foo}"/> as this
will allow both variations.

> I don't think passing the whole context in as a parent works,
> though that may be an alternative. Would require a bit of
> regression testing.

I agree, so I've not added it yet, nor have I added any wildcard
based selection as suggested in the original issue.

I'd be willing to add other mechanisms, lets see how those patches look
first.

Kris.