maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] Move Maven 1.x from CVS to Subversion
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:32:59 GMT
On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 13:54, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to start a discussion about this to see what people think.
>
> The reasons:
> - timing is right as we wind down MAVEN-1_0-BRANCH
> - HTTPS makes it more practical behind firewalls
> - the tool support seems to be mostly there now (not perfect, but good enough)
> - is being encouraged ASF wide
>
> Proposed repositories to move:
> maven
> maven-plugins
> maven-plugins-sandbox
> maven-jelly-tags

+1

The only thing to keep in mind for m2 is that the directory in which an
artifact build resides must be the same as the artifactId. It's really
only important for m2 but allows the unified source tree (USD) to
function and allows the proper creation of an artifact path which is
used in continuum to derive the correct SCM path for a child project
where the only definition for the entire group of projects is in the
top-level parent POM.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl