maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding sourcepath to Eclipse plugin..
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 14:13:15 GMT
I think this is definitely something we need for IDEs (as well as
linking to javadoc), however I think it also needs a little more
discussion first before being put into eclipse.

It should be a strategy that encompases dependencies, artifact
publishing, and all IDE plugins as well as fitting in with maven 2.0 plans.

I really don't like this properties syntax. The ID's will match, so I
think it may be more of a global link source option, or a "with source"
property if it is per dependency.

I'm a bit torn on this - I don't like the verbosity of having to list
source deps alongside matching deps (And the fact they should be same),
but I don't like the duplicity of ading multiple functions to a dependency.

Best that I sleep on it :) But its about time we started thinking about
this one.

- Brett