maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject POM parser in 1.1
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 06:27:33 GMT
I'm working on replacing the POM parser in Maven 1.1, and POMS that
previously parsed with things like this:
     <resources>
         <resource>
             <directory>../../../../src/messages</directory>
             <includes>**/*.properties</includes>
         </resource>
     </resources>
Now fail because the includes format is not legal. It should be:
       <includes>
         <include>**/*.properties</include>
       </includes>

Anyone have a strong objection to these POMs no longer parsing? As this
is probably a common error (it's in the m1 test cases :), that silently
failed before, we can address it in an FAQ.

- Brett