maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branch and tags while fixing an issue
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:03:40 GMT
I'll can reply in more detail when I get a chance if needed, but I don't think
this is the right approach.

Two reasons:
1) branching/versioning should be on a per-plugin level, if needed
2) changes should be backwards compatible at this stage, indicating that a
branch may not be needed.

IIRC this is the change to a new .final.name property. I think if you put some
code in to set it, and if not set get it from the old property name, it should
play nicely. I did similarly in the artifact/deploy plugin.

Cheers,
Brett