maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: PROPOSAL: plugin categories
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:42:09 GMT
> I think we need just 3 of them:
>
> artifact:install
> artifact:deploy
> artifact:artifact
>

> install-snapshot and deploy-snapshot should be kick out asap
> and install and
> deploy goals jus should look at pom.version.
> (if it is something like 1.0-rc-1-SNAPSHOT sanpshot shuld be deployed)

Ok, but this is a separate issue. But we do need to be able to do timestamps
for reproducibility, or something similar.

> then it could be that we won't need goals like jar:install,
> war:intall,
> jar:deploy, war:deploy
> but just install and deploy plugins.

Sounds like a good idea - put it all in the artifact plugin. The way to do
it is always artifact:install. The only problem I see is Emmanuel's thoughts
about dist, where you generate multiple artifacts from a project - what
would artifact:install select?

> > The only question I can think of is what about plugins like
> > dist that can
> > produce multiple artifacts?
>
> yeap. that's the question!

Cheers,