maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Some thought about SNAPSHOT dependencies.
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:55:43 GMT
I've been thinking about this and would like to sum up:

- need multiple branches as well. Something for later, but in the same way
id is unique by groupId:artifactId:type, I think it actually gets added to
version along the lines of version:branch:snapshot.

- I don't think editing currentVersion all the time is great at all, so
instead of the jar:install/deploy(-snapshot) stuff I think we should revisit
it and add some more smarts. We can sub in currentVersion to the POM put
into the repository depending on the goal attained.

I thinking along the lines of scm:prepare-release although simpler and
quicker. Optional SCM integration would be good to keep though, so even
snapshots put into the repo get bagged and tagged in SCM and are always
rebuildable.

All this would need to be worked through a bit, but it might good to start a
proposal for any 1.1 work.

Cheers,
Brett