maven-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: RE: maven-model-tools to maven-model-xml
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

> From: Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@maven.org>
> Date: 2004/01/11 Sun PM 05:05:26 EST
> To: Maven Developers List <dev@maven.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: maven-model-tools to maven-model-xml
>
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 16:50, Brett Porter wrote:
> > Do we really need N libraries each containing two classes?
> >
> > I would think there should be one interface to marshal/unmarshal a model
> > from a source, and then N providers. maven-model-tools can provide the main
> > ones we want to distribute, but others could be plugged in by third parties
> > if they wanted to.
> >

> Actually just looking at it here, the interfaces could actually go into
> maven-model as that won't introduce any deps and every provider would
> need it as a dep anyway. Alex is trying one with ldap, and he said he
> might try one with a db, but if he doesn't I can try one quick with OJB.

I'll work on the db one first.  The db stuff gives me a good
understanding of the cardinality and object relationships in the model
then I can focus on the LDAP implementation. However it might be
worth discussing the factory interfaces you forsee perhaps in a
model-factory mail topic.  I'll post something shortly ...

Alex