maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject RE: maven-model-tools to maven-model-xml
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:58:13 GMT
On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 16:50, Brett Porter wrote:
> Do we really need N libraries each containing two classes?

If component pulling from a different source certainly should be in
separate builds.

> I would think there should be one interface to marshal/unmarshal a model
> from a source, and then N providers. maven-model-tools can provide the main
> ones we want to distribute, but others could be plugged in by third parties
> if they wanted to.

Sure, so when the interface that works with all the providers comes
about we can. This is one of the things that will be hashed out when
Alex tries to toss in the ldap component.

Once the interface is sorted out it could certainly live elsewhere.

> Cheers,
> Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl