maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject new maven goal
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:07:51 GMT
I have nearly finished creating a small plugin that I think could be
integrated into the maven clean plugin.  I would like to get feedback on it
and ask about if/how to submit it to the maven community.

I created a plugin that goes through the user's local repository and deletes
out all timestamped artifacts EXCEPT the newest one (should be the same as
SNAPSHOT).  I needed to create this plugin because after several weeks of
development, I'd have over 1 GB tied up in my local repo.  It is not
possible to just "blow away" my local repo since we may or may not be online
to redownload the dependencies, so I created this plugin to do the grunt
work for me.

I see this as being useful to organizations that develop using SNAPSHOT
dependencies (which kicks ass, and I thank maven for implementing this), and
don't want to weed through their local repo to clean up old files.

Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Ryan