maven-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <jvan...@maven.org>
Subject RE: new maven goal
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:44:21 GMT
On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 21:04, Steve Garcia wrote:
> I have a related question to SNAPSHOTs, now that we have a thread on this.
>
> I notice that SNAPSHOT jar file names substitute the version for the word
> SNAPSHOT.  How does this behavior work for projects that have multiple
> branches?

Read the archives.

This has been said over, and over again. SNAPSHOTs refer to what most
closely resembles HEAD irrespective of branches. This is intrinsically
what a SNAPSHOT is to Maven.

If there are shortcomings with respect to developing with branches that
that will have to be dealt with. But a SNAPSHOT was originally defined
as the code that most resembles highest trunk in your SCM for a project.

I'm reading over your email now and seeing how it can be acommodated.