maven-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject RE: release beta-11?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:54:58 GMT
Brett Porter <bporter@f2network.com.au> wrote on 11/09/2003 11:15:51 AM:

> My concern is calling something RC1 then making changes to the way
things
> work that could break other people's stuff before 1.0.

I'm not planning (and I didn't think the roadmap had) any new features
atm, especially after you moved them :-)

> Also, calling something RC1 before we really consider it worthy of that
is
> probably not great.
I'm ok with it being called a last beta if you prefer.

> Also, I'm not sure 1.0 is the next jump after RC1. 1.0-final should be
> 1.0-RC2 and nothing scheduled for 1.0 yet. There are 39 bugs against
> 1.0-final (and as far as I can tell these are now all bugs, no
features).
> I'm pretty sure that if we fix all of them, then release, new ones will
be
> introduced.
That's life.

I'm not aiming to release bug free software. It's impossible given the
unit test coverage we have.

> Not that it all matters, its just version naming - but might as well
stick
> to conventions. The Struts 1.1 cycle annoyed me no-end. Significant
features
> seemed to appear between the RC and the final :)
Ok, anyone else have a view. I'm +0 on the RC1/beta11 call.

> As for me, I've got Friday night/Saturday to spare and work on stuff. I
can
> look at the memory leak again, but my time is probably spent on things
I'm
> more familiar with. As I understand it, Jason is still in the drivers
seat
> for fixing the leak?
Nope, it's with me at the moment. I've had one go and realised I don't
know enough about how goals are attained, so I went back and read Werkz.

I've had a hell of a week, and will have lots more time coming up.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting