maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: release beta-11?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:15:51 GMT
My concern is calling something RC1 then making changes to the way things
work that could break other people's stuff before 1.0.
Also, calling something RC1 before we really consider it worthy of that is
probably not great.

Also, I'm not sure 1.0 is the next jump after RC1. 1.0-final should be
1.0-RC2 and nothing scheduled for 1.0 yet. There are 39 bugs against
1.0-final (and as far as I can tell these are now all bugs, no features).
I'm pretty sure that if we fix all of them, then release, new ones will be
introduced.

Not that it all matters, its just version naming - but might as well stick
to conventions. The Struts 1.1 cycle annoyed me no-end. Significant features
seemed to appear between the RC and the final :)

As for me, I've got Friday night/Saturday to spare and work on stuff. I can
look at the memory leak again, but my time is probably spent on things I'm
more familiar with. As I understand it, Jason is still in the drivers seat
for fixing the leak?

- Brett