maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject release beta-11?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:27:31 GMT
I'm wondering whether we should release a final beta from what is in CVS
now.
Reasoning:
- has plugin dependencies & downloading
- has some reasonably frequently asked Q's already fixed (like multiproject
bugs)
- RC1 seems a little while off still, and the last big change has a large
risk of introducing more bugs.
- beta-11 should be the last release with monolithic plugin releases. RC1
should come with just the core ones and an easy download mechanism

Thoughts on plugin releases:
- with b11 out and plugin dependencies working (as well as traditional
download and install), all -SNAPSHOT plugins should be pushed towards a
release sooner rather than later.
- non-core plugins should be moved to a maven-plugins repository as
previously existed alongside maven-new
- some things maven uses (like the PMD report) may not be core plugins - it
may well have dependencies on them.

Thoughts? Are the plugin goals to ambituous for an RC1 timeframe?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter