maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: clarify plugin version loading
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:23:58 GMT

> AD 2 & 3
>
> We can easily use information which we have in POM:
>
> <versions>
>     <version>
>       <id>b1</id>
>       <name>1.0-b1</name>
>       <tag>MAVEN_1_0_B1</tag>
>     </version>
>     <version>
>       <id>b2</id>
>       <name>1.0-b2</name>
>       <tag>MAVEN_1_0_B2</tag>
>     </version>
>     <version>
>       <id>b3</id>
>       <name>1.0-b3</name>
>       <tag>MAVEN_1_0_B3</tag>
>     </version>
>     <version>
>       <id>b4</id>
>       <name>1.0-b4</name>
>       <tag>MAVEN_1_0_B4</tag>
>     </version>
>   <versions>
>
> verion 1.0-b3 is "below" 1.0-b2 so it is higher version.

I tend to do them in the reverse order :)

I don't know whether this will work out though - that means opening the
plugins, getting the project (or locating it elsewhere), and figuring out
which is newer. You could just as easily say the one with more versions too.

If we were going to do that I think I'd rather have a last release date in
the POM.

- Brett