maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: I'm confused - plugin installation dirs
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 04:04:54 GMT
The local repository plays no part in plugin installation. The only
directories that count for actual installation are ${maven.home}/plugins
(installed) and ${maven.home.local}/plugins (extracted). Note that these can
be overriden with other properites, but that's beside the point here.

The new structure just gives a location in the repository for maven
plugin:download and plugin dependency elements to find the plugins, and
install them to ${maven.home}/plugins.

Does this clear it up?