maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Plugin download usage
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 00:12:38 GMT

> Brett,
>
> Could you give me a quick rundown of how to download a plugin
> and how the mechanism works. I will look at the code for
> certain but I just want to push in a little bit of doco now
> with all the plugins separated.

 maven plugin:download -DartifactId=maven-dbunit-plugin -DgroupId=maven
-Dversion=1.1-SNAPSHOT

Downloads, installs to $MAVEN_HOME/plugins, deletes old versions in
$MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL/plugins

> If you declare a plugin as a dependency will an install be attempted?

Yes, same as above but doesn't delete other versions. For this one, just a
standard dependency element is needed with <type>plugin</type> given.

Cheers,
Brett