maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Volunteering
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:16:47 GMT
> 1) I understand that 1.0 is near being complete.  Is that
> true?  (To that extent I don't know if I want to get involved
> in the last stages of this project because it will take too
> much ramp up time for me to be an effective
> developer.)

There's a bunch of bugs in JIRA for 1.0. We'd really appreciate help getting
through some of them. Also, anyone willing to write good "first user"
doco/tutorials would be much appreciated in the 1.0 timeframe.

> 2) I'm really interested in fixing/refactoring/adding to the
> core API (org.apache.maven.*), is there some roadmap
> indicating some major tasks going forward after 1.0 that
> involves work there?  I have read the roadmap at
> maven.apache.org and there are some good ideas there.  Are
> there others?

There's a lot to do here, but the current roadmap is probably in Jason's
head :)
Most of the refactoring/rewriting will happen after 1.0, so its not a good
time to focus on it.
Ideas are always welcome of course, but it'd be best to get in touch with
what everyone else is planning first.

Cheers,
Brett