maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject RE: Why is build.properties from ${user.home} the most dominant
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:15:07 GMT
I think I actually agree with Colin here. ~/build.properties as a default;
${basedir}/build.properties as an override.
I actually use ~/build.properties to set things that don't happen to be set
later, so it won't impact, but one way to have it go forward is to leave
~/build.properties as is, and have a ~/defaults.properties that does the
other behaviour.

Related change:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=MAVEN-605

At the moment, I also use ~/build.properties to get around the fact that
Maven won't read inherited project.properties files:
~/build.properties:
tr3.appserver.name=tomcat
tr3.appserver.version=3.2.x
tr3.appserver.home=/www/tomcat-3.2

${basedir}/project.properties (for some subproject):
maven.appserver.name=${tr3.appserver.name}

Cheers,
Brett