maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Fabrizio Giustina" <fgiust...@sapient.com>
Subject reusability of xdoc:performJSL goal & new plugin
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:00:57 GMT

I've just written a new plugin which performs a validation of the
produced documentation, checking the xhtml code for errors and producing
a complete report.

Since the plugin need to run after the html generation has been
completed, it is registered in a way similar to the linkcheck plugin.
The real validation is done as a xdoc:jelly-transform post-goal.

The problem is how to transform the generated xdoc: the only way to do
that actually is the xdoc:performJSL goal which, however, is hardcoded
to use a linkcheck plugin variable
($pom.getPluginContext('maven-linkcheck-plugin').getVariable('maven.xdoc
.src')). The performJSL tag can't be used directly since it requires
setting other variables/beans.

Is there any way to do that without adding another goal to the xdoc
plugin which uses a specific plugin property? (identical to the
performJSL goal but using
($pom.getPluginContext('maven-sitevalidator-plugin').getVariable('maven.
xdoc.src') ). Any hint?

--

After fixing this issue the plugin can be ready for an initial release.
The new plugin can be useful to check the validity of code for

I know the common process of posting a new plugin to be included in
maven, but following the dev mailing list I know that most of the
plugins will be probably removed from the maven core. Are you interested
to host this plugin in the main distribution on should I find a new home
for it on sourceforge or any other place? Or maybe could it be merged
with the linkcheck plugin, since they both handles document validation?

Fabrizio Giustina