maven-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Dodinet <rh...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: [aspectj] Changing behavior of aspectj plugin, is it ok?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:55:21 GMT
Vincent,

Although it actually works fine when putting standard classes containing
inner aspects inside aspectSourceDirectory, i find it a little
confusing. Indeed in that case the primary cu isnot an aspect by itself
but rather an almost pojo, and putting it in aspectSourceDirectory just
because it has an inner aspect seems strange to me, in particular when
theres f.i. only a few classes that should be moved to aspects directory
(that is we lose some consistency here) ; I would rather see
aspectSourceDirectory like a container for all top-level aspects only.

As for testing aspects, i agree this can be the role of another
plugin/goal ; but my point was that i dont clearly understand why there
would be a unitTestSourceDirectory element in the pom but no
aspectUnitTestSourceDirectory since there is already an
aspectSourceDirectory nearby the sourceDirectory element.

regards,

-- gd