maven-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Dodinet <rh...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: [aspectj] Changing behavior of aspectj plugin, is it ok?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:45:14 GMT
i havent used the aspectj plugin yet, so i wonder how well inner aspects
are managed. i guess it might cause some problems, since those inner
aspects are indeed defined inside a class located under
${pom.build.sourceDirectory} so i think a regular java:compile wouldnot
work in that case. Also as michal pointed it out, i think aspectj plugin
should be properties-driven so that injars and outjars option can easily
be used. such a scenario :

     + aspects-lib-project => should be built with -noweave options
           + aspectSrcDir => contains aspects that should be included
into the library
           + testDir => contains both test aspects and test classes ???
sounds bad.
                         => seems like there should be another directory
like testAspectSourceDirectory (it may also be true for mixed-project below)
     + java-project => aspects defined in aspects-lib-project should be
weaved into produced artifact
     + mixed-project
          + srcDir  => contains both java classes and java classes with
inner aspects => implies that javac shouldnot be used but rather ajc
          + aspectsDir => aspects that should be weaved into classes
located under srcDir, testDir, utTestDir

Also if creating an aspect libraries, we want also to include test
aspects, something like that :.

  testDir contains both :

  public aspect PersistenceDeclarationTest {
      declare parents: Contract implements IPersistentObject;
  }

  public class ContractDao implements IDao {
      //please note that aspect below should *not* externalized since it
really makes sense only within ContractDao which is the only entity that
has the knowledge of which fields are lazyloaded
      private static aspect ContractLazyLoadingAspect extends
LazyLoadingAspect {
         protected pointcut getLazyLoadedField(): get(Product
Contract.product) || get(Partner Contract.partner);
         protected pointcut setLazyLoadedField(): set(Product
Contract.product) || set(Partner Contract.partner);
      }
  }

above is a dummy example, and so i guess you might have some objections,
however i think supporting inner aspects is really important. Perhaps it
is what you meant by "verify if there are aspects present in the source
tree".

 just my 2 cents..

-- gd