maven-dev mailing list archives

From Colin Sampaleanu <colin...@exis.com>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:07:29 GMT
I really like the idea of another public release which incorporates all
the fixes since b10.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but I think beta-11 is a much more
appropriate name than RC1. Release Candidate implies it's a candidate
for release, with generally no known bugs (non-trvial, anyways) which
must be fixed before final release, and barring new bugs being found,
may even be released as the final version. As such, I don't think this
would really qualify. There are a number of serious issues to still
resolve (one affecting me for example, is that that inability of plugins
to support local (or remote) repo overrides via project.properties
completely breaks the multiproject plugin. Maybe some people wouldn't
agree that this is serious breakage, but if you need this feature you're
completely screwed...).

Regards,
Colin