maven-dev mailing list archives

From Norbert Pabiś <npa...@e-point.pl>
Subject Re: Core plugins?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:40:48 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> First my mail wasn't about discussing the way plugins are referenced.
 > I thought this had already been discussed and agreed (i.e. using
project.xml and <dependencies>).
I don't want to change that. All I wanted is to share that idea about
plugin independence from project.
The plugin:install I mentioned can coexist with plugins in
<dependencies>. It just enables people to focus
on compiling, testing and running project while writing dependencies.

> Then your solution doesn't handle plugin versions.
It can be handled easily -D"plugin.version=1.3"
You can add anything missing as system variable.

 > One project may want to use such plugin in version 1.0 and another
may want to use another version.
 > Here's an example: the checkstyle plugin. One project is using
checkstyle 2.4 and another one is using checkstyle 3.1.
>  BTW, I don't know if plugin versions are supportede right now, i.e. if it is possible
to have the same plugin
 > loaded twice, but with different versions...
See, plugins are different from simple jar dependencies...

--
Norbert Pabiś