maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Fw: Findbugs plugin and LGPL Licensing?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:34:30 GMT

It is not a violation of the Apache license, nor of the LGPL; but it has
been ASF policy to not release software that requires the use of
non-BSD-licensed software.  I suppose that is a fuzzy line - do we use
Linux-specific kernel calls, for example, or GCC-only macros? - but the
overall principle is that if someone needs to agree to an additional
license to use Apache code, then the Apache code is essentially under that
licese.

	Brian