maven-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>
Subject Re: release beta-11?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:25:30 GMT
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 01:27, Brett Porter wrote:
> I'm wondering whether we should release a final beta from what is in CVS
> now.

To be honest, I don't really care how the next release is named, as soon
as it comes in a few weeks ;-)

IMHO the essential questions are:

1) which will be the first rel with the memory leak be fixed ?
2) which will be the first rel with all plugins decoupled ?

If the answer is "1.0 (final)" for both questions then IMHO a 1.0-RC1
needs to have these features.

On the other hand, when will 1+2 be available?
Probably users will be happy with a in-between-beta11 release which does
not have 1) and 2).

release early, release often :-)
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5