maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Michal Maczka" <mmac...@interia.pl>
Subject RE: New WAR changes problems
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:08:52 GMT

This simply points to a file which will be deployed.
This  can be any file in any place. But deployer, installer must know the
name of this file.

If it is installed without version it is an error. I am working in deployer
(remote deployer).
I  was bit busy today.. but hope to have ssh:// , file://' (not much needed
but easy to support) and ftp:// deployer
for tommorow. There is also http:// deployer.

> Also, why do you pass the pom object? Is the full POM really needed? You
> probably only need some elements from the pom, like the currentVersion,
> groupId field, etc. I think it is a much better design to make these
> fields visible and not hidden by a global object.

You need much more. In pom you have

distributionDirectory
distributionSite
groupId
artifactId
version
+ pom has associated JellyContext which contains many behavioral properties
for deplorers
(password, paths to private key,  proxy servers etc)

I think POM is good for passing such data.

In framework I am propagating the POM till some level, Then API becomes
independent of it. Those classes can be reused for low level operation as
they are
completely independent of Maven,

I will send a post asking for your opinion about naming convention of new
properties
which I will introduce by supporting multiple repositories.

mm