maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Michal Maczka" <michal.mac...@cqs.ch>
Subject RE: Setting up Maven-New
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:35:30 GMT

The layout in repository was intentionally fixed. There are good reasons for
that.
I think that support for other protocols than file:// and http://  can be
considered
if there will be more users demanding it.
If you want to use ftp:// you can rise an issue in JIRA.

I personally think that it is easier to set up own web server then ftp
server.
And FTP protocol is much more limited that HTTP/WebDav and etc. So I don't
see a reason
to use it.

> The other thing is dat we need to support and publish multiple target
> artifacts per project, and we need to be able to specify this
> somehow using
> the Project class, meaning we need to parse the project.xml file
> ourselves,
> although it is just a little extension.

I don't think that one project should produce more than one "heavy" artifact
like jar, war ejb etc.
But it's/ will be completely perfect for the project to publish multiple
artifacts like: jar, javadoc, src, pom
Usage patterns for both scenarios were frequently discussed on this list and
are supported
by Maven old.

> If you can show me how to do this with plugins in the old Maven,
> I would be
> glad to do so, but I'm afraid Maven old is just not flexible
> enough for our
> needs...
>
> Regards,
> Gino.