maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Michal Maczka" <michal.mac...@cqs.ch>
Subject RE: Setting up Maven-New
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:55:26 GMT

I would say: it is really unusable ;)

>but the
> committers have got
> a setup that they can use to test their changes, right?  I want
> to have this
> kind of setup, enabling me to evaluate Maven new.

There is ongoing development in maven-new/core maven-new/fetcher etc...
But as a whole it is still a puzzle box in 100 pieces, which needs to
be assembled.

>If I have to create my
> own plugins, I want to make sure I use Maven new instead of Maven.

Maven-new should be backward compatible (not sure if in 100% but close).
So you can still write your plugins without looking at what is going on with
maven-new

>In
> particular because I have seen better decomposition allowing me to e.g.
> extend the Project class and parse the project.xml myself.

Certainly there are side effects of the decomposition made in maven-new
which might result in such temptation to "personalize" your instance
of maven.
But if something is technicaly possible it does not necessarily mean that it
should be
applied/used.

Michal