maven-dev mailing list archives

From Marckx_G...@emc.com
Subject Setting up Maven-New
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:08:45 GMT
Can someone guide me through the process of setting up and using Maven New?
I always seem to get an XMLRPC exception upon execution of "run-client -g",
so I must be doing something wrong...

On the client
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at com.werken.classworlds.Launcher.launchStandard(Launcher.java:408)
        at com.werken.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:342)
        at com.werken.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:470)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeException(XmlRpcClient
ResponseProcessor.java:133)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientResponseProcessor.decodeResponse(XmlRpcClientR
esponseProcessor.java:101)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClientWorker.execute(XmlRpcClientWorker.java:102)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:187)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:178)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.CLI.doMain(CLI.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.CLI.main(CLI.java:83)
        ... 7 more

On the server
[DEBUG] Found a service descriptor for key: org.apache.maven.Maven
[ERROR] Cannot start component lifecycle with role : org.apache.maven.Maven
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.service(DefaultMaven.java;org/apache/maven/Pom
InheritanceAspect.java[1k]:207)
        at
org.apache.plexus.lifecycle.phase.ServicePhase.execute(ServicePhase.java:24)
        at
org.apache.plexus.lifecycle.AbstractLifecycleHandler.startLifecycle(Abstract
LifecycleHandler.java:145)
        at
org.apache.plexus.service.repository.DefaultComponentRepository.startCompone
ntLifecycle(DefaultComponentRepository.java:426)
        at
org.apache.plexus.service.repository.DefaultComponentRepository.lookup(Defau
ltComponentRepository.java:316)
        at org.apache.maven.server.XMLThing.execute(XMLThing.java:80)
        at
org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcWorker.invokeHandler(XmlRpcWorker.java:128)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcWorker.execute(XmlRpcWorker.java:185)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:151)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServer.execute(XmlRpcServer.java:139)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer$Connection.run(WebServer.java:773)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.WebServer$Runner.run(WebServer.java:656)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
basedir is set to Maven

Many thanks,
Gino.