maven-dev mailing list archives

From Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.Krzew...@caltha.pl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: maven/src/plugins-build/artifact project.xml
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:59:02 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 18:39, Rafal Krzewski wrote:
>
>>michal@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>>  Added:       src/plugins-build/artifact/src/main/org/apache/maven/deploy/deployers
>>>                        SFtpDeployer.java
>>>  Removed:     src/plugins-build/artifact/src/main/org/apache/maven/deploy/deployers
>>>                        SshDeployer.java
>>>  Log:
>>>  Changed SCP Deployer to SFTP deployer. I am done with functionality
>>>  (except of Http Deployer)
>>
>>Excuse me is SCP deployment no longer supported? I believe that this is
>>what most people use for their deployments! Correct me if I'm wrong but
>>SFTP is plain old FTP running over TLS - a standard that never really
>>catched on, and it's servers are really hard to come by now. Why on
>>earth would support that instead of de-facto standard that scp is?
>

> That SShDeployer uses an SCP session just implemented in Java instead of
> using the scp executable.

I really don't appreciate this kind of name reuse - sftp is a protocol
registered by the IETF (tcp/115). It was rather silly of JCraft to use
that name for their scp implementation. Let's do better than them and
have JavaScpDeployer (and possibly ExternalScpDeployer, if we want to
keep it for whatever reasons).

R.