maven-dev mailing list archives

From Rafal Krzewski <Rafal.Krzew...@caltha.pl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: maven/src/plugins-build/artifact project.xml
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:39:55 GMT
michal@apache.org wrote:

>   Added:       src/plugins-build/artifact/src/main/org/apache/maven/deploy/deployers
>                         SFtpDeployer.java
>   Removed:     src/plugins-build/artifact/src/main/org/apache/maven/deploy/deployers
>                         SshDeployer.java
>   Log:
>   Changed SCP Deployer to SFTP deployer. I am done with functionality
>   (except of Http Deployer)

Excuse me is SCP deployment no longer supported? I believe that this is
what most people use for their deployments! Correct me if I'm wrong but
SFTP is plain old FTP running over TLS - a standard that never really
catched on, and it's servers are really hard to come by now. Why on
earth would support that instead of de-facto standard that scp is?

R.