maven-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Ewins <Brian.Ew...@i-documentsystems.com>
Subject Re: Maven web site and Wiki
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:20:19 GMT
Vincent, are you just guessing that MoinMoin stores in xdoc format?

<http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/MoinDev_2fStorage>
Section 1.3, Pages:
"The pages are store exactly as they appear in the edit window in text
format."

(actually this isn't entirely true. I read the code for Page.py and it
supports loading xml files too; however the default is plain text, and
theres nothing in there resembling xdoc that I could see)

I've written a few wikis in the past and what MoinMoin are doing is far
far easier than attempting to alter the edit-view of the page for
storage (or, like UseModWiki, just serialize the in-memory page
structure to disk). If you stored xdoc, and the xdocs could be edited
directly as you describe, you'd need to implement round-tripping from
xdoc to wiki markup and back again. Wiki markup isn't particularly
expressive, I'd be surprised if this could be done well.

- Baz

Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Privacy and Confidentiality Notice

The information contained in this E-Mail message is intended only for the person or persons
to whom it is addressed.  Such information is confidential and privileged and no mistake in
transmission is intended to waive or compromise such privilege.  If you have received it in
error, please destroy it and notify us on the telephone number printed above.  If you do not
receive complete and legible copies, please telephone us immediately. Any opinions expressed
herein including attachments are those of the author only. i-documentsystems Ltd. does not
accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information provided or for
any changes to this Email, however made, after it was sent. (Please note that it is your responsibility
to scan this message for viruses).