maven-dev mailing list archives

From Aslak Helles√ły <aslak.helle...@netcom.no>
Subject smart reactor proposal
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:47:18 GMT
Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I have an idea about how
to make the reactor smarter/quicker.

I have a project with lots of subprojects that are built with reactor. I
want to reduce the build time by making the reactor smarter.

Imagine I have 3 sub projects a,b and c with the following dependencies:
a<-b<-c.

The 1st time I run reactor everything is built. Then I modify b and run
reactor again. a doesn't depend on b and therefore shouldn't be rebuilt.
The reactor should now only build b and c.

I think this can be implemented quite simply by doing some date
comparisons between java sources and classes in each project.

I'm planning to implement this feature, but before I do, I'd like to
hear some opinions.

Cheers,
Aslak