maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Maven web site and Wiki
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:35:42 GMT
Hi Brian,

nope... check:

Rendered page:
http://www.mockobjects.com/wiki

XML view:
http://www.mockobjects.com/wiki/FrontPage?action=format&mimetype=text/xm

This looks very very similar the old stylebook xdoc format to me.

<http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/MoinDev_2fStorag
e>
> Section 1.3, Pages:
> "The pages are store exactly as they appear in the edit window in text
> format."
>
> (actually this isn't entirely true. I read the code for Page.py and it
> supports loading xml files too; however the default is plain text, and
> theres nothing in there resembling xdoc that I could see)
>
> I've written a few wikis in the past and what MoinMoin are doing is
far
> far easier than attempting to alter the edit-view of the page for
> storage (or, like UseModWiki, just serialize the in-memory page
> structure to disk). If you stored xdoc, and the xdocs could be edited
> directly as you describe, you'd need to implement round-tripping from
> xdoc to wiki markup and back again. Wiki markup isn't particularly
> expressive, I'd be surprised if this could be done well.

Maybe moinmoin stores as text (I haven't even looked at moinmoin
documentation) but with the "action" attribute it is possible to tell it
to transform it in xdocs, so I guess a hook could be used to format
after each edit and store the xml to cvs?

Thanks
-Vincent

> - Baz
>
> Vincent Massol wrote: