maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject Committers let's agree on how we make changes to a plugin
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 12:49:15 GMT
Hi,

What do you think about the following process for making changes to a
plugin (and for accepting patches):

1/ Update xdocs/changes.xml (create it if it does not exist) and
describe the change
2/ Update the goals.xml/properties.xml and more generally the plugin
documentation if changes affecting users have been made
3/ Ensure that the version in plugin.xml is a SNAPSHOT version (i.e. not
delivered). Unless you're making a release of the plugin.
4/ Make sure the <version> section of project.xml is up to date

Almost everytime I make changes to a plugin I find that these simple
rules are not followed (Note: I know dIon is also careful about them).

What do you think?

Thanks
-Vincent