maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: New WAR changes problems
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:23:23 GMT

[snip]

> > there is no way to rename the war... One solution (not nice) would
> > perform a copy prior to calling <artifact:install>.
> >

> It's different story here:
>
> artifact:install is taking care to create repository root relative
path,
> file name (with version) using information taken from
> POM and the artifact type (we will be able here to use
RepositoryLayout
> service from maven-new).
>
>  <artifact:install
>          artifact="foo"
>           type="war"
>          project="${pom}"
>
>  <artifact:install
>          artifact="lkjlkjlkjlkjlklk"
>           type="war"
>           project="${pom}"
>
> will do the same. The original file name is simply ignored.

Sorry you've lost me. If the artifact attribute has no meaning, why is
there one? Also what you're saying is not completely true as I've tried
the war plugin (which uses artifact:install) and the war artifact was
copied to the local repository *without* the version in its name.

Also, why do you pass the pom object? Is the full POM really needed? You
probably only need some elements from the pom, like the currentVersion,
groupId field, etc. I think it is a much better design to make these
fields visible and not hidden by a global object.

Thanks
-Vincent