maven-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: JAXP and xml-apis-1.0.b2
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 12:35:14 GMT
"James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote on 02/12/2002 07:20:06
PM:

> From: <dion@multitask.com.au>
> > In Maven, we've had some problems lately related to JAXP and
> > xml-apis-1.0.b2.
> >
> > We have a version of xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar that apparently is stuffed.
>
> In what way?

Well, apparently in no way :) I had successfully bootstrapped with my
1.0.b2 jar on 1.3 with mods and thought it was the old jar - it wasn't.

> > When I rebuild the jar from source, and use it in place of the
existing
> > one in our repo, all is fine without the various JAXP flags added into
the
> > shell script/batch file.
> >
> > Can someone tell me where the jar in the repo came from?
>
> It came from xml-commons-1.0.b2.
Cool.

> > I'd like to investigate further the difference between that jar and
the
> > one you get by checking out xml-commons and doing:
> >
> > ant external
> >
> > I'd be happy to replace the original (and seemingly bad) jar, but
given
> > this has been done before I'd like to check first :)
>
> I just took the jar that came in the xml-commons-1.0.b2 distribution.
Any
> idea whats wrong with the jar?

Nope. But I think I know what's wrong with the 1.4 bootstrap. I still
can't work out why the 1.3 bootstrap can't see the xerces jar in the same
classloader as the jaxp classes.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au