maven-dev mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-maven/src/plugins-build/cactus plugin.jelly
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 23:06:28 GMT
"Vincent Massol" <vmassol@octo.com> wrote on 30/11/2002 10:25:41 PM:

> Hi dIon,
>
> I've been away for some time so I may be missing a few things. Could you
> explain to me why you have made public goals which were private by
> design (at least for the cactus plugin)? Is there some new rule that
> says that all goals must be public? If so, what's the rationale? I did
> not want to expose them as they are subject to changes (not part of the
> plugin GPI - Goal Progamming Interface ;-) ).

AFAIK, they weren't private. They just kept coming up as 'undocumented
goals' when I ran maven -g.

So they were listed at the end of the goals, in the most visible place to
me. I was trying to get the documentation up to scratch, so that they were
all documented.

If you think they need to be marked as Private somehow, lets find a way.
Either:
a) Undocumented goals don't get listed in maven -g,
b) The description has a special 'Private' at the front, or
c) <Insert your suggestion here>

Votes?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting