maven-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-maven/src/plugins-build/cactus plugin.jelly
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:25:41 GMT
Hi dIon,

I've been away for some time so I may be missing a few things. Could you
explain to me why you have made public goals which were private by
design (at least for the cactus plugin)? Is there some new rule that
says that all goals must be public? If so, what's the rationale? I did
not want to expose them as they are subject to changes (not part of the
plugin GPI - Goal Progamming Interface ;-) ).

Thanks
-Vincent

[snip]

>   -  <goal name="cactus:init">
>   +  <goal name="cactus:init" description="Creates objects useful for
> several goals">

[snip]

>   -  <goal name="cactus:compile" prereqs="java:compile">
>   +  <goal name="cactus:compile" prereqs="java:compile"
>   +    description="Compile Cactus tests">

[snip]

>   -  <goal name="cactus:webapp">
>   +  <goal name="cactus:webapp" description="Create the Cactus
webapp">

[snip]