maven-announce mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <bentm...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Apache Maven 3.0-beta-3 Released
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:42:13 GMT
The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Maven
3.0-beta-3.

Maven is a project comprehension and build tool, designed to simplify
the process of maintaining a healthy development lifecycle for your
project. You can read more here:

   http://maven.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

   http://maven.apache.org/download.html

A major goal of Maven 3.0 is to be compatible, to the extent possible,
with existing plugins and projects designed for Maven 2.x. Users
interested in testing this beta release should have a glance at the
compatibility notes for known differences between Maven 3.0 and Maven 2.x:

   http://cwiki.apache.org/MAVEN/maven-3x-compatibility-notes.html

This new beta version features a reworked repository system (Aether) and
a new IoC container (based on Guice). We are already aware of a few
regressions since 3.0-beta-2 due to these new components so we kindly
ask users of the new beta to check our issue tracker for duplicate
issues before filling new ones. The list of issues filled against the
new 3.0-beta-3 can be seen via

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator!executeAdvanced.jspa?jqlQuery=project+%3D+MNG+AND+affectedVersion+%3D+%223.0-beta-3%22&runQuery=true&clear=true

Nevertheless, we highly appreciate feedback from our users on this new
release to help us track down any other potential issues.

If you encounter unexpected problems while using Maven 3.0-beta-3,
please feel free to contact us via the Maven developer list:

   http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Release Notes - Maven 2 & 3 - Version 3.0-beta-3

** Bug
     * [MNG-2686] - POM dependency scope auto-downgrades from provided
to test
     * [MNG-4690] - Transitive dependency lost when included another
dependency
     * [MNG-4745] - [regression] Maven does not check for plugin
updates, even if forced via -U
     * [MNG-4755] - Version ranges cannot be resolved against mirror if
a local artifact is present
     * [MNG-4761] - Plugin-level dependency scope causes some plugin
classpaths to be incorrect
     * [MNG-4765] - Failing to determine java version for profile....
     * [MNG-4767] - Regression in parsing command-line arguments
including variables
     * [MNG-4768] - Depending on declaration order, nearest matching
version does not win when version range is involved in conflict
     * [MNG-4769] - Regression: <enabled> flag for central cannot be
overriden
     * [MNG-4771] - [regression] Plugin prefix resolution ignores
enabled flags on repository
     * [MNG-4772] - [regression] Plugin version resolution ignores
enabled flags on repository
     * [MNG-4773] - Stack trace printed from MavenProject.getParent
     * [MNG-4775] - Outdated NOTICE.txt
     * [MNG-4776] - NPE during build from parent but not from child
     * [MNG-4779] - NullPointerException thrown during dependency
resolution when dependency with range occurs more than once in the dirty
tree
     * [MNG-4781] - Can't deploy to Nexus staging repository

** Improvement
     * [MNG-4749] - Move from Plexus to Guice as IoC container
     * [MNG-4782] - Automatically dump stack trace in case of internal
Maven error

** New Feature
     * [MNG-4756] - Aether integration

Enjoy,