manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Tavard <olivier.tav...@francelabs.com>
Subject Re: Debug logging properties location
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:13:49 GMT
Hi Karl,

OK thanks for the answer. So it is its normal location, I just wanted to be sure.
In my opinion, a suggestion of improvement would be to complete the section about the properties
in the how to build and deploy page  to add an additional column on the tab to distinguish
if  the property should be located in the global or local properties file.
Thanks,

Olivier

> Le 11 oct. 2018 à 15:01, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi Olivier, it sounds like you are using Zookeeper.  Certain properties are global and
are imported into Zookeeper.  Other properties are local and found in each local properties.xml
file.  The debug properties for logging is, I believe, global.

> Karl
>

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:39 AM Olivier Tavard <olivier.tavard@francelabs.com <mailto:olivier.tavard@francelabs.com>>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question regarding the debug logging properties and their location in the multi
process model.
> If I put the properties in the properties.xml file (as org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors
for example), it seems that the properties are not taken into account. In the other hand,
if I put them in the global-properties.xml file it is OK.
> Is it the normal behaviour ? I thought that global-properties file was only used for
shared configuration. For example the property org.apache.manifoldcf.logconfigfile is located
in properties.xml and not in global-properties.xml.