manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From msaunier <msaun...@citya.com>
Subject RE: Zk ManifoldCF just questions
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 09:17:17 GMT
Last question:

Can I migrate to Zk Multiprocess and have the same Database? (in order not to lose the current
data)

Thanks

De : Karl Wright [mailto:daddywri@gmail.com]
Envoyé : mardi 5 juin 2018 11:11
À : user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Objet : Re: Zk ManifoldCF just questions

Hi Maxence,

I think this will answer your questions:

(1) Multiprocess MCF is stable, yes.  Zookeeper is the recommended configuration; shared files
are deprecated.  Zookeeper is used to coordinate cluster processes and store global configuration.
(2) Multiprocess MCF is best viewed as a cluster.  The behavior does not change when more
cluster members are added.  Documents are still processed in the same order, just more documents
can be done at once.

Karl

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 4:54 AM msaunier <msaunier@citya.com <mailto:msaunier@citya.com>
> wrote:

Hello Karl,

I have just many questions.

Today, I use single process ManifoldCF. To crawl, I have 5 jobs by server and I have a script
to check if last job is finish and start the following. I crawl just 1 job in the same time
/ server.

The multiprocess can be useful for a configuration like this?

And a second question:

What is the utility of Zookeeper for multiprocess? To distribute the configuration?

And the last:

Multiprocess ManifoldCF is stable for production env? And with Zk?

Thanks,

Maxence