manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Nikita Ahuja <nik...@smartshore.nl>
Subject Re: Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2018 13:04:54 GMT
Hi Karl,

Thanks a lot for your help.It is working fine now.. I am able to fetch all
the documents in the path but there is a requirement to get the access
tokens for the files. But,it shows the authority group name not any details
related to the users who all have access for the document accessed.

Please guide for that.

[image: Inline image 1]

Thanks and Regards,
Nikita

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:55 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Clearly you are unable to fetch document ACLs from SharePoint.  This has
> nothing to do with whether your Active Directory is properly configured,
> and has more to do with the MCPermissions plugin.
>
> When you view the SharePoint repository connection, does it say
> "Connection working"?  If not, you need the figure out why.
>
> Here are some possibilities:
> (1) The plugin was properly installed but with the wrong permissions.  You
> must be logged in as an Admin to install it properly.  If that's not done
> it will mostly work but not be able to retrieve the permissions.
> (2) You may have selected the wrong version of Sharepoint in the
> repository connection.  Make sure you select the right one or, once again,
> you won't be able to retrieve permissions.
>
> The documentation says this: "Select your SharePoint server version from
> the pulldown. If you do not select the correct server version, your
> documents may either be indexed with insufficient security protection, or
> you may not be able to index any documents. Check with your SharePoint
> system administrator if you are not sure what to select."
>
> Please let me know whether this helps.  Thanks!
> Karl
>

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 6:51 AM, Nikita Ahuja <nikita@smartshore.nl>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Karl,
>>
>> I have checked the log Files but there is issue with the ACLs but there
>> is Active Directory already connected with Sharepoint site. And it is not
>> possible to pass the Access tokens in the connector. Please provide the
>> suggestion for the problem.
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Nikita
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 6:55 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I don't see any path rules there.  That will clearly not work.
>>>
>>> If you want confirmation of this, you can turn on connector debugging
>>> (set properties.xml property org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors to
>>> "DEBUG"), look at the log output.  Every time the SharePoint connector
>>> makes a decision to not include something, it logs it.
>>>
>>> Karl

probably reasonable.

and get the data in elastic

Authority