manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 15:03:27 GMT
Can you clarify what you mean by:

" And in the log file there are ACLs in the the "share_document " but am
not able to get the access token in the elastic search index."

Can you provide the full log message where you see the ACLs?  I need to see
where it is being logged.

Karl

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 8:00 AM, Nikita Ahuja <nikita@smartshore.nl> wrote:

> [...]
> MemberID="5" Mask="-1" MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True"
> GroupName="NikitaSite Owners"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="6"
> Mask="138612833" MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True"
> GroupName="NikitaSite Visitors"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="7"
> Mask="1011030767" MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True"
> GroupName="NikitaSite Members"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="8"
> Mask="134287360" MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False"
> UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\nikita"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="9"
> Mask="-1" MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False"
> UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\manjinder"/></ns1:Permissions>
> </ns1:GetPermissionCollection>
> DEBUG 2018-02-06T18:24:22,639 (Worker thread '8') - SharePoint: In
> getChildren; site='', guid='{E145B91E-2890-42E6-BCDB-1AE393DD3F9C}',
> dspStsWorks=false
>

> What is the actual problem behind this as the MCPermission plugin is still
> returning the values here I guess.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Nikita
>

> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No, everything looks properly configured.
>>
>> First, please verify that the document for which you are seeing
>> "__nosecurity__" tokens being indexed is NOT a public document in
>> Sharepoint.  If it is public, then the security tokens being indexed are
>> indeed correct.
>>
>> Once you have verified that, then the next step is to turn on wire
>> debugging.  This will log all SOAP traffic back and forth between
>> ManifoldCF and the server.  We really need the logs for only one document
>> being indexed -- the goal is to see whether the response we're getting back
>> from the MCPermissions call actually returns any ACLs.  It seems like it is
>> silently failing to do so -- very bad, because that means that security is
>> not being enforced.  Turning on wire debugging involves making changes to
>> the logging.xml file; you will need to add appropriate loggers for
>> HttpComponents/HttpClient.  The instructions are here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Debug
>> ging+Connections
>>
>> Once you have redacted whatever sensitive information you feel necessary,
>> please post a link to a google doc that includes the chunk of log
>> corresponding to one document that is not public.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Karl
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 9:09 AM, Nikita Ahuja <nikita@smartshore.nl>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Karl,
>>>

>>> This is Sharepoint 2013 version being used. and it uses the Claim Based
>>> Authentication technique only.
>>>  And the repository connection created is for Sharepoint 2013 version
>>> only
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>>

>>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>>

>>> [image: Inline image 3]
>>>
>>> Is there anything which is being missed to add in the connector??

And I am

Sharepoint

SharePoint.

right one or, once again,

select."

with the ACLs
with Sharepoint site. And
in the connector. Please

<daddywri@gmail.com

clearly not work.

turn on connector
time the SharePoint connector
it logs it.

<

the path configuration as

Wright <

incorrect.  See the
tricky because you must specify a
paths.

Nikita Ahuja <

to Sharepoint 2013 Connector.
of Sharepoint On Premise site. But I am not
either in ElasticSearch or in FileShare.

for the Active Directory
Repository Connection.

2013 MCPermission Plugin and

any document from the
Site.

PM, Nikita Ahuja <

Also I am able to get the access

suggestions.

PM, Karl Wright <

is generated by the Elastic
is produced (correctly) when no acls reach the
I asked you about the repository connection,
is not producing any ACLs.

in a file system, you must use
you want ACLs to be generated.  The FileSystem
ACLs.

at 3:56 AM, Nikita Ahuja <
wrote:

> [...]
ElasticSearch version 1.3.1 and 5.6.1
this " __nosecurity__" token and for
 File Sytem is used and for Transformation  "Tika
and Metadata adjuster Connector is

1]

thing which I need to perform??

at 2:13 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
the __nosecurity__ token value
stored, which means your Elastic Search setup is probably

us details about your pipeline?  What
is this?

2018 at 1:49 AM, Nikita Ahuja <
wrote:

> [...]
ManifoldCF 2.8.1 and trying to access the
FileShare configured with the Active Directory and get the data
search index.

steps followed are:

Group is created under which
Connection and Repository connection are created.

image 3]

the elastic search is created as an Output
and a job is created for the connection in which a transformation
connector is also linked in the
is giving all the output except the access
values.
Inline image 1]

to take appropriate steps for it so that I
access tokens in the elastic search index. Hoping for the
asap.

Regards,