manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem in fetching the access tokens from Active Directory in Elastic Search index for FileSystem Connector
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 17:18:17 GMT
I just noticed something -- useActiveDirectory is set to "true".  That
means that for every user ACL ManifoldCF finds, it will try to convert it
to a SID.  It's supposed to fail hard if it can't do that but that code is
possibly not correct.  I suspect this is why you are getting no tokens
back.

Is there any reason you can't run things in full claims-based mode?  That
is, configure your repository connector for "claims based" and then use
both the SharepointADAuthority and the SharepointNativeAuthority in the
same authority group, which is how you are supposed to set things up with
claims-based auth?

Karl

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 10:03 AM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> xml response: <ns1:GetPermissionCollection xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.micr
>> osoft.com/sharepoint/soap/directory/
>> <https://www.google.com/url?q=http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/directory/&sa=D&ust=1518007947929000&usg=AFQjCNFvqyAit3q3uRJHM8ZexlNKv_8OlA>
>> "><ns1:Permissions><ns1:Permission MemberID="1" Mask="-1"
>> MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False" UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\administrator"/><ns1:Permission
>> MemberID="3" Mask="138612801" MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True"
>> GroupName="Excel Services Viewers"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="4"
>> Mask="134287360" MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False"
>> UserLogin="c:0(.s|true"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="5" Mask="-1"
>> MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True" GroupName="NikitaSite
>> Owners"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="6" Mask="138612833" MemberIsUser="False"
>> MemberGlobal="True" GroupName="NikitaSite Visitors"/><ns1:Permission
>> MemberID="7" Mask="1011030767" MemberIsUser="False" MemberGlobal="True"
>> GroupName="NikitaSite Members"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="8"
>> Mask="134287360" MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False"
>> UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\nikita"/><ns1:Permission MemberID="9"
>> Mask="-1" MemberIsUser="True" MemberGlobal="False"
>> UserLogin="i:0#.w|smartshore\manjinder"/></ns1:Permissions><
>> /ns1:GetPermissionCollection>
>> DEBUG 2018-02-06T18:24:22,639 (Worker thread '8') - SharePoint: In
>> getChildren; site='', guid='{E145B91E-2890-42E6-BCDB-1AE393DD3F9C}',
>> dspStsWorks=false
>>

>> What is the actual problem behind this as the MCPermission plugin is
>> still returning the values here I guess.
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Nikita
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 7:56 PM, Karl Wright <daddywri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No, everything looks properly configured.
>>>
>>> First, please verify that the document for which you are seeing
>>> "__nosecurity__" tokens being indexed is NOT a public document in
>>> Sharepoint.  If it is public, then the security tokens being indexed are
>>> indeed correct.
>>>
>>> Once you have verified that, then the next step is to turn on wire
>>> debugging.  This will log all SOAP traffic back and forth between
>>> ManifoldCF and the server.  We really need the logs for only one document
>>> being indexed -- the goal is to see whether the response we're getting back
>>> from the MCPermissions call actually returns any ACLs.  It seems like it is
>>> silently failing to do so -- very bad, because that means that security is
>>> not being enforced.  Turning on wire debugging involves making changes to
>>> the logging.xml file; you will need to add appropriate loggers for
>>> HttpComponents/HttpClient.  The instructions are here:
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CONNECTORS/Debug
>>> ging+Connections
>>>
>>> Once you have redacted whatever sensitive information you feel
>>> necessary, please post a link to a google doc that includes the chunk of
>>> log corresponding to one document that is not public.

There are

And I am

Sharepoint

I am able to
a requirement to get the
for the document accessed.

from SharePoint.
Directory is properly

the wrong
to install it properly.  If
able to retrieve the
Sharepoint in the
the right one or, once again,

the correct server version,
Check with your SharePoint
to select."

<

issue with the ACLs
in the connector. Please

<

will clearly not work.

can turn on connector
org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors
 Every time the SharePoint connector
it logs it.

Ahuja <

and the path configuration
any output.

Karl Wright <

is incorrect.  See the
a little tricky because you must specify a
and paths.

AM, Nikita Ahuja <

to Sharepoint 2013
crawl the files of Sharepoint On Premise site.
anything in the output either in ElasticSearch or

group for the Active Directory
Repository Connection.

2013 MCPermission Plugin and

any document from the
Site.

PM, Nikita Ahuja <
wrote:

> [...]
and Also I am able to get the
elastic search index.

valuable suggestions.

at 4:42 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
token is generated by the Elastic
 It is produced (correctly) when no acls reach the
is why I asked you about the repository connection,
is not producing any ACLs.

files in a file system, you must use
if you want ACLs to be generated.  The FileSystem
generate ACLs.

at 3:56 AM, Nikita Ahuja <
wrote:

> [...]
for ElasticSearch version 1.3.1 and 5.6.1
this " __nosecurity__" token and for
 File Sytem is used and for Transformation  "Tika
and Metadata adjuster Connector is

image 1]

other thing which I need to perform??

2018 at 2:13 PM, Karl Wright <
wrote:

> [...]
the __nosecurity__ token value
and stored, which means your Elastic Search setup is probably

us details about your pipeline?  What
connector is this?

25, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Nikita Ahuja <
wrote:

> [...]
using ManifoldCF 2.8.1 and trying to access the
from FileShare configured with the Active Directory and get the data
search index.

this steps followed are:

An Authority Group is created under which
Connection and Repository connection are created.

Inline image 3]

And the elastic search is created as an Output
and a job is created for the connection in which a transformation
metadata connector is also linked in the
Which is giving all the output except the access
values.
[image: Inline image 1]

guide to take appropriate steps for it so that
get the access tokens in the elastic search index. Hoping for the
asap.

and Regards,