Hi Chaitanya,

The appropriate plugin is required for ALL SharePoint versions from 2007 onward.  That is why there is a SharePoint 2013 plugin that we distribute.  Can you point me to where in the docs it says otherwise?

In order to install the plugin, you must be running as an Admin user.  Other than that, we've never had any difficulty with people being able to install our plugins.

Thanks,
Karl