manifoldcf-user mailing list archives

From Markus Schuch <markus.sch...@deutschebahn.com>
Subject AW: Sharepoint Repository Connector: Metadata Changes not causing re-index library or list items
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2017 14:54:30 GMT
Hi Karl,

after some time i am finally looking into this again.

The lookup field refers to an attribute of another list. Therefore changes to that attribute
do not affect the modified date of the document or the document collection.

Do you see any possible solution in the connector for that problem. Or is it something that
should be handled on sharepoint side?

Regards,
Markus

Von: user@manifoldcf.apache.org [mailto:user@manifoldcf.apache.org]
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. Juni 2017 15:57
An: user@manifoldcf.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Sharepoint Repository Connector: Metadata Changes not causing re-index library
or list items

If it's computed from other attributes, then don't the other attributes need to change in
order for the lookup attribute's value to change?

Karl

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 9:13 AM, <markus.schuch@deutschebahn.com<mailto:markus.schuch@deutschebahn.com>>
wrote:

Hi Karl,

we found out, that the affected metadate comes from a lookup field, that is computed from
attributes of the containing list.
Such fields do not change the modified date.

We could re-index all list items, when the list itself is modified (by carrying down the modified
date of the list for example). But this would probably lead to too many unecessary version
changes for other lists.
I will check, if there are possibilities to detect lookupfields with the API.

Regards,
Markus